Historical Stock Splits
The historical information on this page and on any linked documents pertains to Motors Liquidation Company (formerly named "General Motors Corporation"), which, on June 1, 2009 filed a voluntary petition under chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code. On July 10, 2009, General Motors Corporation under its new name, "Motors Liquidation Company", sold substantially all of its assets to General Motors Company, a separate independent company, pursuant to the provisions of section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code. The information provided on this web site does not refer to the new General Motors Company.
|October 1950||–||stock split||2 shares for 1|
|September 1955||–||stock split||3 shares for 1|
|December 1984||Tax Basis Info||stock dividend||1 share of Class E for each 20 of Common $1-2/3|
|December 1985||Tax Basis Info||stock dividend||1 share of Class H for each 20 of Common $1-2/3|
|March 1989||–||stock split||2 shares for 1|
|December 1997||Tax Basis Info||Hughes Transactions1||0.06377 shares of Raytheon Class A (RTN/A) for each Common $1-2/3|
|May 1999||Tax Basis Info||Delphi spin-off||0.69893 shares of Delphi common stock (DPH)for each Common $1-2/3|
|May 2000||Tax Basis Info||Hughes Exchange||1.065 shares of Class H for each Common $1-2/3|
|June 1985||–||stock split||2 shares for 1|
|March 1990||–||stock split||2 shares for 1|
|March 1992||–||stock split||2 shares for 1|
|June 1996||–||EDS split-off2||1 share of EDS common stock (EDS) for 1 Class E|
|March 1988||–||stock split||2 shares for 1|
|December 1997||Tax Basis Info||Hughes Transactions1||0.5624 shares of Raytheon Class A (RTN/A) for each Class H|
|June 2000||–||stock split||3 shares for 1|
|December 2003||Tax Basis Info||Hughes Transactions3||As a result of the Hughes Transactions, former Class H stockholders received 0.8232 shares of Hughes common stock (HS) and 0.0921 News Corporation Preferred ADSs for each share of Class H|
1Includes the spin-off and merger of Hughes Electronics' defense electronics unit with Raytheon Company, the transfer of Delco Electronics to Delphi Automotive, and the recapitalization of Class H common stock into a new class of common stock.
2Class E Common Stock was exchanged for EDS common stock in conjunction with the split-off of EDS completed on June 7, 1996.
3"Hughes Transactions" On December 22, 2003, company simultaneously (i) sold 19.8 percent of the Hughes common stock to the News Corporation Ltd ("News Corp") and (ii) exchanged all of the remaining 80.2 percent of the Hughes common stock it held for all of the outstanding shares of Class H common stock. Immediately thereafter, the former holders of the Class H common stock exchanged 14.2 percent of the outstanding Hughes common stock for News Corp Preferred American Depositary Shares ("Preferred ADSs").